Development Associate, Annual GivingCompany: Heartspring, Inc.
Date Posted: October 6, 2017
The Development Associate for Annual Giving will serve in the Development Department through the management of Heartspring’s annual fund supporters. This position will be expected to meet annual revenue targets by identifying, engaging, cultivating, and ultimately soliciting gifts from donors capable of making annual gifts thereby advancing Heartspring’s mission and operations.
- Gift Solicitation
- Archive fundraising goals through increased giving and stewardship of a portfolio of 100-150 prospects comprised of individuals and foundations, utilizing a moves management approach.
- Is accountable for securing gifts of $100-$1,500 from individuals, corporations, and philanthropic organizations.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and secure sponsorships for three special events including Light your Heart with Heartspring, Autism CARE Walk, and PedalFest.
- Make 50 or more local and regional contacts per month with a minimum of 12 prospect or current Heartspring supporter visits. The contacts can be by telephone, email, or written correspondence, but must be relationship/outcome driven.
- Organize site tours and donor engagement opportunities to foster and further personal investment from our benefactors.
- Manage and evaluate direct mail and online giving programs.
- Develop and manage a comprehensive staff giving campaign.
- In partnership with the Director of Development, this position will create and coordinate Heartspring’s annual donor recognition program.
- Creatively and persistently seek connections to new prospects to qualify interest and capacity, and to build pipeline.
- Responsible for developing and understanding the breadth of Heartspring programming to make a comprehensive and compelling case for support.
- Use Raiser’s Edge and other tools to research and prioritize donors and prospects.
- Maintain regular communication with donors and prospective donors through stewardship and recognition efforts.
- Develop funding proposals independently or cooperatively with the Director of Development.
- Assist the director of Development with the cultivation and stewardship of donors to the planned giving program.
- Manage and maintain the local and regional memorial programs for the Heartspring donor base.
- Solicit in-kind donations from local and regional sources for Heartspring programs and special events.
- Maintain a visible presence in community and professional activities as a representative of Heartspring.
- Continue familiarity with fund raising trends, methods, and techniques.
- Prepare and submit required reports.
- Keep donor and prospect information in Raiser’s Edge updated.
- Assist in the research and prioritization of donors and prospects.
- Prompt and regular attendance is required.
- Provide back up support for other development staff as needed.
- Maintain computer and paper files as necessary.
- Any other duties as assigned.
EDUCATIONAL, TRAINING, AND LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two or more years of related work or volunteer experience preferred.
- Sitting at a desk for long periods of time.
- Constant use of overall vision with continuous reading and close-up work.
- Hand and finger dexterity for frequent repetitive writing, typing, grasping, reaching, and pulling.
- Hearing and talking skills in person and on the phone.
- Office environment, indoors, climate controlled.
- Frequent use of computer and monitor.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills. Specifically, this position requires an ability to speak persuasively and to tell a compelling story.
- This position requires attention to detail and ability to manage several projects at once.
- Must be highly proficient in a wide offering of the Microsoft Office suite, i.e. Word, Access, Power Point, and Excel.
- Must have experience with Raiser’s Edge or an equivalent CRM system.
- This position requires a genuine interest in the mission, vision, and strategic direction of Heartspring.
- This position requires a commitment to Heartspring’s values of excellence, celebration, leadership, service, possibility, and integrity.
- Previous experience working in a non-profit foundation
This is a level full-timeposition; salary commensurate with experience. The application review process will begin immediately; search will continue until the position is filled.
To apply, please visit: https://www.heartspring.org/talent/#careers
You may also email you resume and letter of interest to Angela McMullen at firstname.lastname@example.org.