Development DirectorCompany: Youth Entrepreneurs
Date Posted: October 4, 2017
Come work with us!
Youth Entrepreneurs is looking for a Director of Development that will identify, cultivate, solicit and steward donors. This position will also be responsible for major gift giving asks and ensuring fundraising goals are met and increase the financial capacity of Youth Entrepreneurs (YE) in Wichita, southern Kansas and Oklahoma.
A successful individual must have the following attributes:
- Someone who is passionate about education, entrepreneurship and youth development
- Results-orientated and ability to raise funds to take the organization to its next level of success
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to inspire and influence others
- Strong judgment and problem solving
- High initiative and discipline to complete tasks, some of which may not have precedent
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work with wide variety of individuals, including high-level corporate executive and managers
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Passion for business, entrepreneurial spirit and capitalism
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Responsible for securing outright gifts and/or pledges for assigned donors including writing proposals and preparing presentations
- Research foundations, corporations and individuals for potential funding
- Prepare strategy, briefing and debriefing materials for face to face solicitations
- Provide coaching and leadership to other Development Directors
- Involve volunteer leadership (Board and Advisory Council members) and other YE staff in strategy and/or solicitations as appropriate
- Provide timely and accurate response to assigned donor concerns, requests, and gifts
- Practice and facilitate good client service
- Enhance ongoing donor relations through cultivation activities
- Attend community events as a YE representative to develop and maintain relationships with donors, board members and community leaders to increase the financial capacity of YE
- Assist communications staff in creating communications and appeals
- Responsible for recording all donor interactions into Raiser’s Edge database within the same work week
- Manage timely and accurate preparation of summary call reports and other department reports
- Effectively manage and monitor revenues and expenses in relation to budget
- Perform other special projects and duties as required
What You Will Need
- 7+ years’ experience in a professional environment is required
- Experience in major gift fundraising OR sales (closing high level accounts)
- Experience in Microsoft Office Software (Excel – updating and creating spreadsheets, Word – document creation/editing and PowerPoint- presentation creation/editing, outlook-scheduling)
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed to meet business requirements
- Associate's degree or higher
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- 1+ years' experience working as a supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to use Raiser’s Edge software
Youth Entrepreneurs® is a nonprofit organization that provides students with business and entrepreneurial education and experiences to help them prosper and become contributing members of society. We’re changing lives and if we do our jobs well, thousands of young entrepreneurial-minded Youth Entrepreneurs® alumni are better prepared for success in business and other future career and educational endeavors. Let’s make the most of this opportunity together.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
Please read this certification and agreement carefully before submitting your application.
Some of our positions contain essential requirements. Any applicant may request a reasonable accommodation by notifying the recruiting professional during the recruitment process. Each request is considered on a case-by-case basis.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: Click Here